Indian Institute of Sciences is India’s most premier, highly renowned & prestigious Research Institute located in Bangalore, Karnataka. Also known as the Father of IIT’s. In the NIRF ranking, IISC Bangalore always secures a top Rank. IISC Bangalore also holds a significant position in the World Ranking list of top universities every year. IISC Bangalore is a reason of extreme pride for the country as it marked India’s Debut in top 100 educational institutions of the world.
Founder of IISC Bangalore is Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata who strongly believed in the role of scientific research and higher education in social and economic transformation. He started his quest of making a World class Research institute in 1890’s. The state of Mysore supported Tata in his plan. The Land for the establishment of the Institute was denoted by The Regent Queen Maharani Kempananjammani Vani Vilasa Sannidhana which was the most crucial need for the Tata’s Project. After making tremendous efforts & facing several hurdles, Tata unfortunately died in year 1904. On 27 May, 1909 Tata’s dream can into existence. Its first Director was the English chemist Morris Travers. When the Institute opened its doors to students in 1911, Twenty-four students joined in the first batch of IISC Bangalore.
- Division of Biological Sciences:
- Division of Chemical Sciences
- Division of Electrical, Electronics, and Computer Science (EECS)
- Division of Interdisciplinary Sciences
- Division of Mechanical Sciences
- Division of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Centres under the Director
- Autonomous Societies / Centres / Section 8 Companies
Under-graduate (UG) Programmes:
- Bachelor of Science (Research)
- B.Tech. (Mathematics and Computing)
Post-graduate (PG) Course Programmes:
- M.Tech. for Sponsored Candidates (Government and PSU)
- M.Tech. (Online) for Sponsored Candidates
Post-graduate (PG) Research Programmes
- Integrated Ph.D.
- M.Tech. (Research) and Ph.D.
- External Registration Programme (ERP) for Ph.D./M.Tech. (Research)
- Programmes for OCI and International Students
- B.Sc Research (476 Seats)
- B.Tech (52 seats)
- 3.M.Sc (249 seats)
- M.Tech and M.Des (1068 seats)
- 5. PhD [2812 seats]
END NOTE: IISc aims to inculcate scientific and innovative temperament in students. IISC is the best place for those students who aim to make their career in field of Research Studies. IISC Bangalore is the India’s Oldest and most important Research Hub.